Monday, August 20, 2012

It's Monday. Or Should I Say "Meh"-Day

So yes, it's Monday. I guess nothing fantastic really happened. I got done all my "chores" for the day before noon. I even went to the mall today and bought my sister a birthday present, even though there is still more than a month until her birthday. I know that's dumb but now I have it and it won't be two days before her birthday with me thinking "oh my god I still haven't gotten her a present" like I did with my dad. It was a great moment. Both my mom and I realized the same thing and we spent the day out shopping together. The present I got my sister is pretty cute...in a really weird way. It's a living dead doll, but that's what she's into right now so I'm sure she'll love it.

Oh, and this is my first full day back at the apartment, hence the over-productivity and the mall trip. On the plus, side one of my friends came over and we hung out for a while. He's pretty awesome. I'm so glad he came over, like this day was so long but it was nice to have someone to talk to for a bit. I mean writing this is great, but trust me, it would be way longer if I hadn't talked to him. Ok honestly, his name's Tom, he was in a couple of my classes at school last year. Definitely a nice guy, a little chatty to study with, but a nice guy. Oddly enough he came out early this summer, I never would've guessed, but I'm happy for him. At least he knows what he's looking for. I mean, he even has people coming after him, I'm sure it helps that he actually goes out. Still the attention must be nice. I don't say this to make me sound desperate.
You know the point in being single when you see other people dating and it makes you angry inside. I think that's kind of where I'm at right now. Every so often I'm okay with it but there's always the point where it's like "that's too much".

Enough of my whining. More of an exciting week ahead. Tomorrow, most of the day off then the management team (me included) are going to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House, we're making dinner for all the people staying there. Wednesday I'm going to another boring class for work, food handlers. Apparently it's about food safety so I don't look forward to it much. Then the other days I'm working for at least part of the day every day but that keeps it kinda interesting I guess.

Anyway, caio for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment